Pakistan Telecommunications Authority (PTA) has issued a public notification to educate mobile users, how a user can block stolen mobile phone with a single easy step as early as possible.
PTA will block stolen mobile phones within 16 hours of complaint logging. Authority has mentioned all methods to block stolen/misplaced mobile phones with all of the required information.
There are 4 methods to block stolen mobile phone:
- Affected user can directly call to UAN number of PTA helpline 0800-25625 for complaint
- You can directly Visit PTA office of your city
- User can also report to Citizens Police Liaison Committee helplines 1102, 021-35662222 and 021-35682222 to block your phones
- For online mobile blocking, You can email at [email protected]
The following information will be required to Block Stolen Mobile Phone:
- IMEI of the stolen phone from the mobile phone box
- The mobile number used in the phone
- Mobile Brand, model, and color
- Date of incident
- Name, CNIC, father/mother name
- Contact number
You can confirm the blocking status of the reproted mobile phone by following methods:
- Type 15-digit IMEI of reported mobile and send it to 8484
- Visiting PTA official portal website: dirbs.pta.gov.pk
- PTA official launched the android app: Device Verification System – DIRBS Pakistan
In addition, the authority has clearly specified that strict action will be taken on false reporting of stolen phones.
For more updates please bookmark Paketchub